The Collingwood Football Club was formed in 1892, the club traditionally represented the inner-Melbourne suburb of Collingwood; however it has now moved its training and administration base to Gosch’s Paddock and the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Centre, at Olympic Park in Melbourne. In 2000, Collingwood moved its home games from its traditional suburban home ground, Victoria Park, to the much larger Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Collingwood is the biggest and most supported club in the AFL, and it is the most supported club in any sport in Australia. It has consistently attracted much higher than average crowds to its games than other Victorian clubs in the league. In 1970, 121,696 spectators watched Collingwood and Carlton contest the Grand Final, the record attendance for a football game of any code in Australia. In 2010 Collingwood beat their previous membership record of 46,430 members to reach 57,617 members, the largest membership base of all the AFL clubs. The club’s team nickname is The Magpies.
Collingwood Magpies Football Club
Corner Swan Street and Batman Avenue, Olympic Park
PO Box 165 Abbotsford Victoria 3067
T: +61 3 8412 0000 fax: +613 8412 0170
Collingwood Magpies Football Club News